We have a truly exciting vision for the next few months, including an official launch, a conference in London to advance awareness of the power and potential of Early Intervention amongst professionals, and starting work towards the establishment of the first Transforming Autism Mifne Clinic.
In order to achieve this, we need help, and we are looking for volunteers and trustees to join us. As we expand, there may be possibilities for a few of the volunteers to become employees.
All volunteers and Trustees will deeply resonate and identify with our mission and values, and sincerely wish to help them become realised.
We have already been joined by a highly capable initial team, which we are looking to expand We welcome hearing from anyone who would be interested in joining our team, however our key volunteer needs now (in rough order of urgency) are for the following:
- Head of Strategy and Improvement - This is an Exectuive level role, focusing on making sure we are growing in the best, most sustainable possible way, and looking for every opportunity to improve any aspect of how we operate, present ourselves and communicate.
- Volunteer Manager - To help us maintain our culture and maintain motivation and a sense of involvement and empowerment amongst all our volunteers as we grow.
- Campaigning Lead - Who has experience and an excellent understanding of what makes an outstanding awareness campaign and how to execute it.
- Autism Specialists - To advise and input into our early intervention awareness campaign, and others to sit on an Advisory Board to review materials and messages that we put out. We need at least one widely-respected autism specialist - ideally one who is passionate and vocal about Early Identification and Intervention - to sit on our Trustee board.
- Fundraising - A top priority, of course. Both conventional and innovative approaches welcome. We are looking to raise large amounts of capital in a very short period of time (at a minimum, a healthy six-figure turnover is required in 2017, approaching seven figures by 2018), so this is where big-thinking comes to the fore. Anyone with a background in philanthropy management would be especially welcome. (more details). One of our founding trustees, Jessica, who herself works as a professional fundraiser, has devised an initial fundraising strategy to take us towards our goal of raising over £3m by the end of 2018.
- Marketing and PR - This is another critical piece at this early stage. We have a marketing workstream up and running, but it needs more support, both hands-on and strategic, especially in the areas of PR and Social Media.
- Management - Executive level managers to be responsible for Operations and for Deliver & Outreach.
- Recruiter - A critical need to help expand our team. We have one recruiter just joining us now, but could do with more.
- Event Organisation - Our launch is a critical starting point for all we are aiming for, followed shortly after it by a professional conference and potentially many further events.
- Research - There will be many times when we need to locate information, studies, people and other research in support of our message and especially our information campaigns on Early Intervention and later on Transition to Adulthood. Any help we can get with this would be very valuable.
- Professional Support - e.g accountant, HR, legal, etc, to help us to set up our systems and processes as we begin our activities.
- Administration - Various administrative tasks will also be required, including taking minutes, keeping our records, following up references, etc
We are looking to recruit a Chair and Treasurer who have excellent charity governance experience for our Trustee Board, along with possibly other roles, including an Autism Specialist, who is perhaps widely known in the area.
The key role of each Trustee, beyond expertise in their specialist area will be to provide guidance and leadership to the organisation. They will be expected to bring their experience and networking skills to steer us and help us negotiate any difficulties we may encounter along the way. This will be particularly critical in the initial period, as we work towards the establishment of our first specialist ‘Mifne’ autism clinic in the UK.
The role will be more hands-on than many Charity Trustee roles, given the stage we are at and the rapid growth that we are expecting.
We are interested in hearing from anybody who feels they would be able to substantially support our purpose.
First and foremost, you will believe in the huge potential within each autistic child, and will deeply resonate with our mission and our values. You will feel inspired by and invested in them, and motivated to bring into your life a passion and inner commitment to help realise them.
Beyond this, you will have extensive experience in your field and in either the governance of charities, or relevant and transferable accomplishments in other leadership positions.
Some Trustees will be comfortable acting as spokespersons for the charity.